A little about the me,
BSc. Mechanical Engineer.
I was born in Alexandria, Egypt in 1979, I've always been passionate about cars and art.
I studied mechanical engineering at Alexandria University; while still in freshmen year, I started my first business in car tuning with two of my friends.
As time went by, I grew more passion for the automotive world and my studies helped me gaining the required basics.
Self taught, I started learning CAD and 3D modeling software and in about a year I perfected the use of Rhinoceros 3D software just in time for the 2000 Motor trend international design contest.
In 2000, I won my first - ever - international automotive design contest in first place, arranged by Motor Trend magazine in the United states. Such win gave me a positive push in pursuing my design dream. 2000 MT contest results link.
Luckily, again in 2001 I won my second design contest also arranged by Motor Trend magazine in the United states, where I finally was able to attend the ceremonies and collect my trophy. 2001 MT contest results link.
Since 1999 I took part in several design projects in college and worked as a design engineer in several companies, where I worked on several projects such as:
- Design of an SAE mini baja car, chassis & suspension design - 2nd year in college.
- My first job as a mechanical designer for light trucks body parts for a local OEM supplier (part time) - 2nd & 3rd years in college.
- My Graduation project: A study to design a passenger car for the local market using modern CAD & CAID tools, with emphasis on chassis design and analysis.
- First job as an automotive service engineer - became a certified General Motors service engineer.
- Design of light truck bodies and accessories.
- Design of Firetrucks, anti-riot vehicles."Emaphsis was for packaging of mechanical components & function, not aesthetics."
- Design of several light and medium truck bodies and utilities like: tippers, tankers, aerial platforms, boom lifts..etc.
- Design of GRP products.
- Research work - design related - for several customers.
In 2006 I quit my last job and worked as a freelance design engineer. In 2007 I decided to establish my own industrial design company trying to offer affordable design services for the local and international market.
2009 On wards, I was hired to work as a research associate in the field of product development for the oil & gas and robotics at Texas A & M University at Qatar. My work includes complete concept development, extensive computer simulation, manufacturing and experimental and field testing of downhole logging tools and tractors.
Certificates & Awards:
First place winner of the Motor Trend International design contest.
Third place winner of the Motor Trend International design contest.
Engineering Syndicate's honorable mention award for the international achievements.
B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Alexandria University.
General Motors service engineer certification.
Innovative Group Inc. – Florida, USA: Principles of Communication, Effective listening, Problem solving, Decision making.
Promark co. ltd.: Communication, Team building, Individual and team
motivation, Coaching, Negotiation process, Time management, Problem
solving, Sales process.
Robert McNeal & Associates, Rhinoceros 3D certified trainer.
Knowledge: Business planning workshop.
a three months training with submission of an almost complete project business plan.